Tuesday, March 2, 2021

All in a Day's Work ... (?)

There was a television ad for the Army back in the day that showed hardworking soldiers on what was presumably an "average" day.  The tagline was: we do more before 9:00 AM than most people do their whole day.

I used to like that.  I like the idea of being hyper productive. 

Today was one of those sorts of days.  

Before noon, I:

  • made breakfast for Deus Ex Machina
  • took Precious to work
  • brought in a load of wood
  • tended to the chickens outside (gave them water and feed, etc.)
  • folded and put away the clothes that were on the drying rack
  • washed a load of laundry - 
  • and put it on the drying rack
  • cleaned the bathroom
  • did the dishes
  • made a pot of coffee
  • prepped dinner and got it on the woodstove to slow cook all day
  • rearranged the freezer and took inventory
  • stripped the bed - 
  • washed the sheets -
  • put the sheets on the line to dry -
  • remade the bed when the sheets were dry
  • vacuumed the living room
  • altered a pair of pants that I purchased that were a bit too big for me
  • boiled down a half pint of maple syrup
  • And took a shower, got dressed, put on make-up, and fixed my hair.

The wind is fierce outside today.  It took less than an hour for the sheets to dry in the wind.  



It's also bitter cold out, and according to some news reports, there are a lot of folks up here who are currently without power.  

I am incredibly thankful for my woodstove today.  It's keeping my house nice and warm ... and I'm boiling sap and making dinner.  My woodstove works almost as hard as I do.  We make a good team.






Life is good.  

5 comments:

  1. I’ve had days like that, but not lately! :D

    It’s not cold here (well, not Maine-cold), but we did let ourselves run out of gas. But the fireplace insert and a space heater is keeping the downstairs warm. In the morning, I’ll take the space heater upstairs with me and stay warm while working. And, it’s supposed to warm up again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was warm here today. In the 40s. That's warm, right?? :)

      Delete
  2. I love days like that too - especially because they make me feel less concerned about the days I can't (or just choose not to, depending on the situation) do as much. I hope the power situation is figured out for those folks soon. It's deceptively sunny here this week. Brr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I saw, it looks like most people got their power back and sooner than initially reported. So, I guess it's all good.

      Delete
    2. Definitely good! Glad to hear it.

      Speaking of - my friend got her wood stove for her birthday! Thanks again for the help & suggestions. They've gotten it installed and are learning how to use it. She said it's got a bit of a learning curve for them, but they are loving it. Woohoo!

      Delete