Monday, April 13, 2020

Welcome Post and Intro

I have a long history of both blogging, working from home, and prepping. 

In 2005, I started my first blog.  I called the blog "Happily Home."  At the time, I was interested in promoting and "at home" lifestyle - home-based work, homeschooling, homesteading (in the suburbs).  That was the impetus behind the blog name, and for fourteen years, that was my blog. 

The blog address stayed the same, but over the years the blog title changed to:  Surviving the Suburbs.

There were a couple of books.  There was a lot of growing and maturing.

Eventually, I felt like I'd run out of things to say.  I'd said them all before, you know?  Anyone who looked back through the blog archives could find the message they needed.

For personal reasons, I took down Happily Home. 

But I think in my heart-of-hearts I am a blogger. 

So, here I am.  Milking Squirrels.

If you remember me from http://happilyhome.blogspot.com, please join me on this new/old adventure, because I'm still doing what I was doing ... and more ... and less. 

If I can figure out how to upload all of my old Happily Home posts, this blog will get really big, really fast :).


3 comments:

  1. I didn't leave a comment the other day - but wanted to congratulate you on the new blog home. I love the name! I've let my mom know so she can come "visit" you again as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am new to blogging and seen you also had a interest in raising rabbits. Looking forward to following you for tips and info:) Have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and welcome to blogging!

      Yes, we have raised rabbits off and on for the last ... two decades. (Has it really been that long??!! Sorry. I have moments where I forget how old I am ;))

      At the moment, we don't have any meat rabbits. We have a couple of, what can best be described as, pets. I keep them for their fertilizer ;). I'm working on upgrading my rabbitry. I need a couple of new hutches and to get some things straightened up and moved around.

      In the meantime, if you have any specific questions about raising rabbits for meat, feel free to ask. :)

      Delete